You now know how much space you need and your brand position, now where is that ideal space located? This is the perfect opportunity to set your business up for greatness and that means you have the opportunity to consider where your business would be most productive.
There are a number of factors to consider that have an influence on where you should locate your business:
- Do you have a warehouse &/or a logistics arm? Do you have imported stock that you need access to readily?
- Do you have other regional offices? Do your staff travel between them? Is access to public transport or close proximity to the airport important?
- Where are your clients located? What interaction do you need with them? Do you go to them or do they come to you?
- Where do your staff live? How will the move impact on them?
- Where does your ideal staff member live, how will the move impact on your hiring strategy?
- What is the feel of your brand? Is it corporate and CBD orientated or a little more relaxed and better suited to a fringe location?
- What does the type of building and its geographical location say about your business?
List these items out, plot them on a map and look at what the data shows. By understanding your employees and your customers’ geographical locations, we can identify ideal geographical locations and confidently foresee and manage any barriers to relocation.
Armed with this information you are now ready to engage with the property market to find your dream office location. You have a clear understanding of:
- how much space you need
- what that space is going to say about your brand; and
- where you ideally want it to be
This clear vision will weed out the numerous properties that don’t meet your needs, saving you time and money, and the best part, you know exactly what you’re looking for and you’ll know it when you see it.